Thursday, September 8, 2011

Accent Vlog

Hi friends!


Yes, it has been 800 years since I've posted.  And yes, I'm a wretched blogger.  


But none the less, I am temporarily back.  One of the blogs that I follow (Whitney at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife and Erin at Blue-Eyed Bride) did this accent vlog, and I thought it was so interesting.  So here's a video of me playing the accent vlog game.  If you're reading this, you should play too!  Then comment and let me know that you did!  Here goes:





The instructions are to say these words: 
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught 

And answer these questions: 
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house? 
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball? 
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called? 
What do you call gym shoes? 
What do you say to address a group of people? 
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs? 
What do you call your grandparents? 
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket? 
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining? 
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel? 


Hope you all enjoyed!  I laughed watching myself talk about things.  I make some crazy faces. Anyways, like I said, you are all it!  :)  Please play!


And check out my friends' Ashley and Kerry and their accent vlogs.  :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

CARRIE I DID THIS TODAY TOO haha. I'll have to link to yours. You crack me up.

September 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Katie Axelson said...

In talking to you, I hear you as Southern, some words more Southern than others. However, with some of those words you sound like me. ;-) Like aunt, wash, and soda you sound Northern. But oil, iron, spittin' image, Wisconsin, and grand-daddy long legs you sound Southern.

Nope, it's a shopping cart. Other than the mode of transportation preferred by the Amish, I never heard the term "buggy" until college either.

What vowel comes after caramel?

I know what my accent is: sometimes I'm Southern, sometimes I'm Northern depending on my mood, who I've been talking to recently, and where I am. At school, just saying "I'm Katie" warrants a "You're not from here," but at home they tell me I sound Southern.

<>< Katie

September 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger mmmbah said...

Love this!! I'm totally going to do this later! :) I've never thought you sounded southern but you definitely have a little twang on some of those words.

Love it!

September 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any feedback that you have :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home