Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer days, drifting away . . .

And the world's worst blogger award goes to . . . . 


((drumroll))


ME!


Sorry, my dear blog readers (if you even still check on this blog any more).  Life has been a little more than crazy as I transitioned from the first year of grad school to summer time employee.  About a week before the end of the semester, I realized that I still had approximately 70 pages to write until I was free for the summer.  But by God's grace, every paper was completed, submitted, and out of my hands!


Then it was SUMMER TIME! :)


This summer I'm working at a local retail store and taking it a little easier than I normally do in the summertime.  God's been so gracious to provide a job that I like and so many rich blessings.  


I'll blog more about several of these in-depth in the upcoming days, but for now, let me give you a brief list of things I have done this summer and things I will be doing in the near future. :)


Things I have done:


1) Gotten hooked on Pinterest.  Find me here.


2) Helped one of my best friends find her wedding dress!!


3) Driven 10 hours each way to Florida for the NEXT 2011 Conference.


4) Read the entire Hunger Games Trilogy in less than a week. 


5) Watched Tangled at least 5 times.  


6) Started rereading the Hunger Games Trilogy (oops :) ).


Things I will do this summer:


1) Read several more books.


2) Assistant direct Spiritual Twist Productions/Christian Youth Theater's production of Jesus!


3) Sing, sing, sing, sing, sing!


4) Participate in the National Writing Project's Summer Institute


5) Finish my syllabus for the class that I'm teaching, ENGL 1101, in the fall.  


6) Watch all four seasons of Chuck.


7) Visit my dear friend Sarah Reid.


8) Take several beach day trips with my friends.


And I'm sure many more exciting things!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

Don't you just love summer? :) Glad you are taking it a bit easier this summer.

June 6, 2011 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

Carrie...I have a blog request. haha. Just wondering if you could assemble some sort of reading list - one of your favorites (if that's even possible), and one of what you are going to be reading. I'm about to finish the Harry Potter series & need to know what to do next! haha. Don't feel pressured or anything but I would love to see it :)

June 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Dear Ashley,
I would love to compile a reading list for you! Look for it coming in the next few days! :) Hope to see you soon!

June 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any feedback that you have :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home