Thursday, March 3, 2011

A new friend

Meet Tyger!



He's the newest member of our household.  My roommate Sarah--the blond in all the pictures below--rescued him from a shelter a little over two weeks ago.  He's a puppy who weighs 18 pounds (as of yesterday) and is 2-4 months old.  The vet said he'll probably be 50-60 pounds when he's full-grown, so we plan on using him as a horse. :)  Just kidding!

Tyger's favorite activities currently include hiding under Aunt Carrie's legs


Chewing bones (see above picture)

Snuggling


Giving kisses


And using Aunt Carrie as a chew toy.  Unfortunately there are no pictures of this, due to the fact that I normally spend that time saying, "No, Tyger!  I'm not a chew toy!" and trying to escape the puppy jaws of death.  

Tyger has been a funny addition to our house.  It's been an adventure for two twentysomethings to train a puppy.  Well, mainly for Sarah.  I sit around and laugh as she chases Tyger around the house.  But sometimes I am helpful!  Like the time when Tyger decided he had to go potty in the house and it was pouring rain.  Sarah ran around, collecting rain slickers and leashes, while I made sure Tyger didn't stand still for too long, if ya catch my drift. :)

Tyger has been learning commands such as "sit", "stay" and "fetch" and I must say I'm quite impressed with my little puppy nephew.  He's smart and already has such a personality.  And I'm learning too--all about puppies and training.  Also a tiiiiiiny glimpse of what it will be like to be a mom someday.  Wow!

Also, in culinary news, I baked my very first cheesecake!  Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert in the whole world.  I had never made one before.  I was intimidated by how tough cheesecake is supposed to be to make.  So, I googled Easy Cheesecake Recipes.  This was the one I found that I ended up using:


I didn't actually watch the video.  I just followed the instructions.  I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the process because I was in a bit of a hurry.  Also, I didn't photograph the finished product because, well, like I said, I like cheesecake.  :)  But, I did find the recipe very simple to follow.  The cheesecake did not crack and I was pretty proud of myself!

Well, I'm off to pack for Spring Break!  I can't wait to relax and read.  I'll catch you up on what's on my bookshelf in a few days. :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Axelson said...

Enjoy pleasure reading! Oh, how I yearn for the day. ;-)

<>< Katie

March 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any feedback that you have :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home