Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Snowball

We've all heard the expression "When it rains, it pours."  With the threat of winter weather looming, I'm pondering snowballs and that cartoonish effect of them rolling down a mountain, growing larger and larger.  While funny in cartoons, it's not so funny when it's different things happening in your life that continue to pile up on top of each other.  


Funny how this comes on the heels of my New Year's purpose to complain less, encourage more.  The past few days have been filled with several dear friends facing various trials, much more severe than the car problem I am facing.  However, which of these was it that made me stomp through my house today, slamming my keys down?  Oh yes, a fleshly reaction to car problems, when the majority of the world doesn't even own a car.  It's so disheartening to see just how much I learn, and just how weak my flesh is.  


I have been in prayer for these friends of mine for the past few days, and it has been a sweet time to lean on God, knowing that He is listening.  Trusting in God's provision for me, however, is often not my strong suit.  I am a planner and I liked to know how things are going to work.  God knows this, and I think He takes time to make me stop and realize that it's not about MY plans.   


I'm a slow learner, but I have a very, very patient God.  And for that I am grateful.  

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any feedback that you have :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home