Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hello Blogosphere!

And so begins my foray into the world of blogging.  I've been an avid reader of blogs like those of my friends Nikki, Keith, and Caitlin for a long time.  But I've never actually thought I would have anything that anyone would want to read.  Maybe I don't.  Maybe this will be my place where I make some sense of all the crazy thoughts that swirl around my head on a daily basis.  


I always say that weird stuff happens to me--and it's definitely true.  Anything from passing out after cortizone shots to me mistakenly thinking a bunch of falling pans was an intruder in my kitchen.  Maybe those aren't the weirdest things you've heard of, but I tend to think that my daily life is amusing and I hope you will too.  


As to the title of this blog "The Orange Spice," it came partly from a conversation I had with my dear friend Sarah R.  Sarah and I went to college together and discovered that we were "twins" our freshman year of college.  Having remained close ever since, we decided to take up blogging together.  Anyways, anyone who knows me for more than 5 minutes will probably discover that I love the color orange.  I think it goes back to middle school, when every other girl I knew was completely into pink.  Pink had been my favorite color and I was angry people were intruding on my "favorite color" turf.  So, I picked the least loved color I could think of--orange.  The color of prison jumpsuits, traffic cones, and well. . . um, oranges.  When debating blog titles, Sarah said, "You really need something to do with orange."  I joked that my subtitle could be "A frazzled orange among the polished apples of life."  We both loved it, and somehow it stuck.  


I always feel as though I'm running in a thousand different directions while everyone else looks so put together.  I am a recovering perfectionist who can't say no (no reference to the Oklahoma song, just for the record).  A self-admitted oddity, I do feel like an orange in the middle of a bunch of apples.  Both fruits, but that's where the similarities stop.  I'm sure plenty of other people feel this way as well.  Hopefully this blog will be a peek into a crazy grad student's thoughts as she goes about her days.     


Having a hearty love for the domestic, this might also be a place where I share recipes and daily household things that happen.  I've been known to burn a dish or two.  Also, living on a grad student budget tends to make me be . . . well, let's say creative in my cooking endeavors. :)  I'm always in the mood for new recipes and suggestions, so feel free to contribute.  


Most of all, I hope this blog points people to the One Who it's really all about--no matter where they might be in their spiritual journey.  I am so blessed to be loved by the God of the universe and so grateful for Who He is and all He has done for me.  I am so thankful that He has given His Son, Jesus, for me.  At this time of year, it makes me especially glad, remembering the reason Jesus came just for us.  Look for a post on that soon.  :)


Well, I've rambled enough.  Time to go eat some oatmeal cookies and watch Pushing Daisies (my current favorite show).  Or maybe read a book--for fun! 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

carrie sippyyyyy yeeeauhhhh

December 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Katie Axelson said...

Welcome to the blogger world!

I love the title and subtitle. It fits you well. As far as having a blog that's nice and put together... well, I change mine whenever I get bored. There are aspects of it I still don't like but have no control over. Silly perfectionists...

<>< Katie

December 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any feedback that you have :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home